Social Media and Community Outreach Intern
BLOCK71 Singapore is a partnership between NUS Enterprise and Singtel Innov8. Located in JTC's [email protected]-North, it is the heart of the BLOCK71 network, growing and bringing together the largest start-up community in Singapore.
The Community Outreach Intern will play an important role in shaping a new community outreach programme from Singapore to across the region. The intern will work directly with the supervision of the Community Programme Manager but will also be mentored by the Director of Ecosystem Development (Incubation) of NUS Enterprise.
This position will primarily include social media marketing, programme development, educational programme delivery, developing informational materials and other various content for outreach activities. The intern will gain experience working on community programmes while honing and developing their own communication and project management skills. Our outreach programmes include a wide array of subjects and audiences, from educational programmes to networking programmes and demo day. The intern will also gain experience with public speaking, creation of publications such as newsletters, development of content for social media and be responsible for communicating and collaborating with our partnering organisations.
The intern will benefit by being immersed in not only projects in BLOCK71, but also gain exposure to the other incubators and accelerator programmes run by NUS Enterprise. The intern will attend all staff retreat and trainings where they will have a chance to learn more about the inner workings of the organisation as well as gain professional development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
Social Media Marketing:
* Create interesting and insightful content for social media and website
* Handle social media campaigns on Facebook, LinkedIn etc to drive community engagement and promote events
* Work with marcom team to create marketing collaterals such as posters and flyers
* Monitor daily web traffic
* Manage marketing campaign database and generate monthly report
* Assist in the planning, execution and reporting of community outreach events (1 or 2 per month)
* Assist in monthly newsletter creation
* Attend networking events and industry trade shows to gain the latest market knowledge
* Assist in market intelligence content creation