Senior Backend Developer
Maritime Technologies (R&D) Pte. Ltd.’s mission is to help the shipping industry ride the wave of change into the future. The industry’s traditional model of business allows players to take advantage of imperfect information. This aggravates the peak and trough in the cyclical nature of the shipping industry, causing wastage and inefficiency. Advancements in information technology, specifically the Internet technology will pose serious threats to many such players in the industry. Our company will leverage on its three key contributors as pillars to help build online communities and ready their participants for the new world:
• for technological R&D and solutions leveraged on its knowledge, experience and network in the industry;
• for intelligence every battle wins or falls on the quality of its intelligence and we help to provide this;
• for services we will only offer what matters to the customers.
Our current team added up to over 100 years of diverse experience we are people who have worked well for many years together and believed in each other, and share a common vision. We invite you join us today!
WHY JOIN US?
We are building an online B2B platform for the bulk liquid shipping industry where Ship Operators, Shipbrokers, Shipping Agents and other professional shipping service providers come together as a community.
These providers will be able to access and benefit from sharing our shipping knowledge, knowhow, information and intelligence in the respective shipping markets they operate. They will be generators and consumers of valuable inputs on our platform that we manage.
Maritime Technologies (R&D) Pte Ltd is seeking a Backend Developer for our Technology Development team. We are a rapidly growing, fast-paced startup that is gaining traction in a very traditional multi-trillion dollar maritime shipping industry. Our team includes web/mobile, UI/UX coders plus domain knowledge and business experts who have a very clear road map towards our vision in “Aggregated Shipping”. Our products have a strong focus on effective penetration with beautiful design and great user experience.
Compatible candidates will thrive in our highly collaborative, challenging and rapidly progressing environment. We release code every day, making for quick iterations. To succeed in this role, you should be a highly skilled Backend Coder who understands and works well with business to deliver superior quality products on time. You should be constantly challenging yourself to collaborate better with the team, explore new possibilities for better product quality, and succeed with the team.
• Grasp needs quickly, provide solution options, and collaborate with product management, web engineers, and data engineers to deliver according to production schedule
• Develop solutions and services using PHP or other technologies
• Develop rich consumer experiences using Node and React
• Write and maintain clean codes
• Provide input on development best practices
• Own features from initial discussions through release
• Guide and mentor junior developers
• BS in Computer Science or a similar field or relevant experience
• minimum 5 years of professional experience working on building large scale frontend and PHP or other related backend applications.
• Experience working with SQL and relational databases. Knowledge on graph database is a plus.
• Experience with service oriented architecture and REST based web service development.
• Ability to identify and apply appropriate design and integration patterns to deliver complex business requirements.
• Experience working with cloud-based systems (GCP, AWS) and virtualization (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus.
• Ability to organize and self-direct to get things done.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience and interest to work as a senior developer.