UI UX Lead
StraitsJouneys.com is a new travel platform offering classroom without walls experiences to intellectually curious travelers. The expert network and experiences can also be leveraged for corporate functions.
We are currently looking for a technology lead to manage our web applications (front-end and back-end). This person would be working closely with the CEO/founder and the Director of Operations (10+ years of U/X experience) to launch the travel and corporate products. The ideal technology lead would have U/X and product design skills and be able to combine business-sense with technology development.
The ideal candidate is one who is keen on working in a startup environment, open to entrepreneurial challenges, detail and process oriented, self-motivated, and passionate about technology and travel.
What do we expect from the candidate?
• To integrate branding and marketing into the firm's online and mobile systems.
• To execute platform and product development by working closely with the external developers.
• To ensure quality and functionality through testing and debugging.
• To work closely with the CEO/founder, Director of Operations and also the board of advisors to execute the firm's business goals online.
• To provide technology solutions directly or through managed resources for the application and site backend, customer support, and other technology based communication needs.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Fluency in Chinese strongly desired
• Familiar with Rubies on Rails and java script preferred
• Professional familiarity with the tourism industry or passion for travel is a plus
The candidate should be personable, self-motivated, able to work independently, persistent and driven. He or she should also have strong organizational skills with an attention to detail.