Head of Procurement
Snaphunt Pvt ltd
Snaphunt is a predictive hiring platform that finds and matches talent to jobs for a skill and personality fit. We help people find jobs they love and companies hire employees who stay longer
Job Description and Requirements:
- Work within a Global MNC
- Excellent Career Development Opportunities
Our client is a Fortune 500, end-to-end IT services company helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change and guide their digital transformation journeys. As a result of their impressive growth, they are looking to hire a Head of Procurement.
You will be responsible for implementing the overall procurement activity for the company. You will also plan and coordinate the procurement of significant or time sensitive materials, products/services and equipment necessary for the operation of the business unit or assigned projects and also put in place guidelines and standards from which procurement activities occur. You will also:
- Process complete complex purchase orders; determine prices from available vendors which meet cost and quality guidelines; place orders; verify receipt of purchase.
- Implement guidelines or standards from which vendors should be selected; recommend additions to and deletions from the supplier/vendor database as appropriate; review new vendor performance and adjust approved list of vendors as appropriate.
- Develop procedures for conducting vendor negotiations. Conduct complex negotiations with suppliers to obtain products at the best quantity and cost in order to ensure end-users needs are met; negotiate delivery terms and conditions and pricing. Identify future procurement opportunities to further procurement strategies.
- Coordinate with accounts payable to resolve any credit holds or complex pricing problems in order to ensure prompt payment and avoid delays to end user; coordinate with receiving departments to resolve receipt problems promptly so as to not cause any delay to end users.
- Solicit suppliers/vendors for materials/products/services through formal Requests for Services (FRS) and/or Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and informal channels. Conduct complex negotiations on terms favorable considering quality, delivery, and prices; receive and evaluate proposals, quotations, and bid for acquisitions. Determine approach to FRS and RFP activities and recommend changes to current processes.
- Maintain communication with suppliers during course of procurement action in order to ensure timely delivery in compliance with the requirements of the procurement document. Establish relationships with new suppliers and develop new supply sources.
- Plan and coordinate the procurement of materials, products/services and equipment necessary for the operation of the business unit or assigned projects. Recommend changes to existing standards; ensure suppliers/vendor's adherence to industry standards, technical quality standards, and other corporate/business unit driven expectations.
- Analyze bids for specification compliance, prices, delivery commitments and past performance; utilize online systems as a resource for procurement. Recommend revisions or process improvements to meet company needs.
- Provide leadership and work guidance to team members.
- You have a bachelor's degree in business administration, inventory management or related field with at least 9 years of experience in purchasing or inventory management. Experience within the IT services/ Telecommunications or related industry will be a big plus
- You have solid experience in working with contracts including request for proposals (RFP) and request for information (RFI)
- You possess good communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- You have strong negotiating skills to interact with vendors
- You are a strong leader and can provide mentorship and guidance to junior team members
- Ability to understand financial analysis and implications with regard to contracts and suppliers
- Ability to liaise and build relationships across multiple stakeholders in an organisation.
Please apply for this job using the following link: https://snaphunt.com/jobs/65530031
Jan 31 2019