Business Development Associate
At Verlocal, we are building the #1 platform for freelancers and small business owners. Our vision is to lead the open-resource economy and create a foundation where individuals can become a one-person business with the same access and opportunity to grow the same way a large corporation can.
We have designed a smart and intuitive online booking system for experiences – be it workshops, events, tours and services, that is beautifully integrated with a powerful marketplace.
So far, we have changed the way many businesses operate, from businesses in USA, Canada to Singapore, but we are only just getting started. Join us in this journey to build something great together and make a difference.
Does the idea of sitting at a desk from 9-5 bore you? Do you crave for an experience that allows you meet others and interact because you are built to connect?
We are looking for an exceptional negotiator with excellent persuasion skills at Verlocal. We’re looking for that fire in you; that desire to win and win big, that hunger to have more, that determination to never back down. Up for the challenge?
What You'll Learn
Sharpen your business development skills
• Learn how to identify business opportunities, structure proposals and close deals.
• Be exposed to the art of maintaining fruitful relationships with clients
• Learn to build and maintain a healthy sales funnel
• Build up & hone your negotiation and persuasion skills
• You'll be meeting different people from all walks of life on a daily basis. Everyday will be a new opportunity for you to hone your negotiation and persuasion skills, and adapt them accordingly to the person you're communicating with. From what you say, how you say it, and even your body language -- all of these things play a significant role in convincing clients why you and your team are right for the job.
• Learn about creative sales techniques from the best minds in the field
• Work closely with the most resourceful people in the field and learn all about creative sales techniques.
• Research and generate qualified leads to build client database
• Engage leads through multiple channels to generate new sales leads
• Produce detailed proposals and presentation materials for client pitching
• Organize and make sales visits
• Pitch to prospective clients about our company services and offerings
• Understand the business needs of prospective clients and be able to provide recommendations accordingly
• Maintaining client relationships by providing prompt support and information
• Ensure prompt response to enquiries and resolution to customer feedback
• Maintain sales activity records and prepare sales reports
• Assist in refining the company’s sales strategy and processes
• Singaporean/Singapore PR
• Comfortable with fast-paced changes, uncertainties and challenges of a startup environment
• Flexible to work on weekends and public holidays if need be. Most people in our team work 10am – 7pm Monday to Friday, but are also available on off-days if need be to provide account management or engage in meetings and events (but we will not abuse it)
• Independent worker, and able to communicate well with team
• Willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
• Savvy with technology
• Ability to build relationships and quickly gain trust of clients and partners
• Experience in people-facing roles preferred but not necessary
How to Apply
For interested applicants, please email your cover letter & attach an updated copy of your resume to [email protected]
*In your cover letter, please also indicate the following:
1) When will you be able to start work?
2) What is your expected salary?